Disney College Program

Welcome to Shelbie's Disney College Program blog!
If you read a blog, comment and tell you how you liked it and follow my instagram at shelbieelynn0!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

My Disney Audition!

Alright guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while BUT on March 8 I attended a Disney audition in Charlotte, NC. Although I can not tell too much about it, I can give y'all some advice for preparing and a overview of what we did. First thing is how to prepare. You do not need a headshot or resume for this audition unless you are auditioning for a full time role. DCP roles do not require a resume because you do not have to have any previous experience and they will take pickets of you themselves possibly. Next thing is what to wear. There were a lot of dancers there so obviously there were leotards everywhere but if you aren't really a dancer then some leggings and a tighter workout tank or shirt or even a t-shirt is fine! Although I am not dancer, I have had some dance in college for my major so I had dance shoes which are the best but some people were in tennis shoes, socks or bare foot. You want to wear tighter clothes so they can see how your body is moving! Brighter colors too! For girls, your hair should be out of your face. I had mine half up and it was fine. As for piercings, take them out! I took out all of my piercings especially my nose ring because you aren't allowed to wear those when your on the job at Disney anyway. Next, you should have a bag with a snack or water bottle because you don't know how long you could be there! If you have attended  an audition before then you know what to bring. On the day of my audition, it started at 10:30. I went into the dance studio at 9:45 and I got in line for check-in. Check-in was just posting our information down and getting a number! I was 97 :) When I got in line I started talking to this guy and girl and we are friends now and plan to hang out when we get to Disney! You want to talk to people because Disney loves to see you interacting with others! As for the audition, we learned a simple dance and performed it. Right after, the 197 people that were there got cut down to about 30! Disney is really specific with every audition so if you don't get through it, it's okay! I was cut after the first dance but I am going to keep trying for sure! After the audition, I went to the Disney store and that made it all better :) If you have any questions at all, just reach me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment