Disney College Program

Welcome to Shelbie's Disney College Program blog!
If you read a blog, comment and tell you how you liked it and follow my instagram at shelbieelynn0!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

DCP: Acceptance!

I waited anxiously to hear back from Disney after I completed my phone interview. Every single day I would check my dashboard just hoping for a response. I had received an e-mail the day after my phone interview that decisions would be made by April 20th. APRIL 20TH? I could not wait that long! To pass the time I found a lot of vlogs on YouTube. I still watch them and I have my favorites! If you would like to know who they are just comment below! Anyways, February 19th I was sitting in the library waiting to go to class watching vlogs and someone in a video mentioned the Facebook page and how she saw people with the same first letter of her last name getting accepted and she went on onto her dashboard and she had got accepted. Now, I did not think that was how it worked but I don't how Disney does it so I decided to find the Facebook page for Disney College Program FA/Fall 2015. When I got to the page, people were posting their acceptances and of course I was looking at the letter of their last name but their were no B last names that I seen. I started commenting on people's acceptances and telling them congrats and commenting on other posts that were people who were not accepted yet. As it got closer to class time I decided that was not going to spend too much time on the page because I did not want to overwhelm myself because the anxiety of waiting was bad enough! I thought to myself all the time that I was not going to get in. It was too good to be true for me. But, I still have a little hope deep inside. When 3:05 rolled around I went to my English class and I sat "listening" to the talk about our readings the night before. At 3:15, I looked down and I saw an e-mail pop up from Disney recruiting and there it was! In all of its glory, an e-mail that read CONGRATULATIONS! I immediately smiled and thought OMG this can not be real! I had an hour of class left and let me tell you it drug by as I was trying to keep the tears back! I went to check my role and I was given merchandise! I wanted to tell everyone about it but I was glued to that seat and still I have no idea to this day what the rest of our lecture was about! It was finally 4:20 and I ran out of the class room and called my mom and we both freaked out! My boyfriend was so happy for me too, we went out to celebrate that night! I only waited 2 weeks and 2 days to hear back and I am so thankful to be given this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment